I have been making this citrus infused cleaner for years, it is such an all rounder, and very satisfying to make if the fruit is from your own back yard. To be used as a general kitchen & bathroom cleaner for benches, sinks, baths, basins, showers & toilets. I especially love it for wiping up oil spills, as it cuts through grease, grime and bacteria. It is also perfect for cleaning windows & mirrors.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Skins of 10-12 Oranges, Lemons. Limes, Mandarins or a combination of both.
- 1 Large glass jar with secure lid (note metal may rust, plastic may deteriorate)
- Bottle of white vinegar
- 40 drops of Essential Oil Blend, I Am The Guardian Essential Oil blend is a great blend for cleaning click here for other I Am Aromatics Essential Oil options.
- Alternatively 40 drops in total of Essential Oils with a high antibacterial content such as Eucalyptus, tea tree, lemon, cloves, cinnamon etc. (Feel free to contact me for ratios if you are unsure).
- Distilled or filtered water
- 500ml Bottle with spray pump (something sturdy as the vinegar can mess with pump springs).
- Place skins in glass jar. Fill with vinegar to the top of the skins Leave for two weeks in a dark space / cupboard
- Strain & Pour 250ml of vinegar into spray bottle
- Pour 250 ml of distilled or filtered water into spray bottle
- Add 40 drops of I Am The Guardian Essential Oil Blend (or alternative Essential Oil)
- Store the remainder of infused vinegar in cupboard for refills.
- Happy Cleaning xx
Caution: Do not use on marble or granite. Keep away from children, do not ingest or spray in eyes. Always check cautions of selected Essential Oils